There are many opportunities to become involved with our ministries to people in need through volunteering with our programs. We also invite you to pray for our clients and our efforts to share the love of Christ with them.
Northwest Ohio Volunteer Opportunities
- Glass City Marathon: Catholic Charities is an Official Charity Partner with the 2014 Glass City Marathon. Join our team and help raise money for our ministries in northwest Ohio.
- Jail and Prison Ministry: Opportunities include ministering inside and outside prison, such as retreats for the imprisoned, support for re-entry into society or support to family members of the imprisoned. Ministry opportunities vary based on facility. Contact Germaine Kirk at 419-244-6711, ext. 225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Respect Life: Organize a diaper-drive to support our pregnancy support program. Contact Lynette Worthy at 419-244-6711, ext. 227 or email@example.com.
- Disaster Response: After local natural disasters, volunteers are needed to serve as case managers. These volunteers assist with assessing the need and facilitating services to disaster survivors. Contact Rebecca Owens at 419-524-0733, ext. 225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Catholic Campaign for Human Development: Volunteer committee members evaluate local and national grants, make site visits during the grant application process, and judge CCHD Youth Arts Competition entries. Contact Germaine Kirk at 419-244-6711, ext. 225 or email@example.com.
For all opportunities, please call 419-524-0733.
- H.O.P.E Pantry: Greet and register clients, organize a drive for needed items, stock or organize shelves or clean the pantry.
- Case Aide: Conduct interviews with clients who request medication or prescription assistance.
- Office Support: Assist with answering the phones, greeting clients, filing, copying, preparing mailings, and data entry using Word and Excel.
- LifeSkills Workshop: We are seeking individuals to assist our instructor with preparations for the class and to help out during the workshop. The sessions include basic household and financial management techniques as well as useful information regarding the resources available throughout the community.
- Food Pick Up and Delivery: Assist with picking up donations or unloading food deliveries for H.O.P.E. Pantry.
- Volunteer Guardian: Advocate for individuals 55 and older who are not able to do so for themselves.
- Miriam House: Organize a drive for items on the Wish List. Contact Roxanne Sandles at 419-668-3073, ext. 107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer Guardian: Advocate for individuals 55 and older who are not able to do so for themselves. Contact Carol Wheeler at 419-668-3073, ext. 102 or email@example.com.
- Helping Hands of St. Louis Outreach Center: Help prepare or serve meals;
- La Posada Family Emergency Shelter: Organize a drive for items on the Wish List or provide educational or faith-based activities for children or adult residents. Contact Dave Moebius at 419-244-6711, ext. 219 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Office Support: Assist with basic clerical duties such as filing, making phone calls, and data entry. Contact Michelle Stephens at 419-244-6711, ext. 214 or email@example.com.